Friday, June 05, 2009

kawan-kawan aku

Hey there..

It's alright. I replied late to your chat anyways.

Hey, I understand that feeling small bit. And I know how bad it can feel.. Despite trying so hard and doing all the right things, people still make you feel small.

I really have no solution to that.

One thing I do know is that what matters is our reaction - when people make us feel small, we do not retaliate/react in ways that are negative. It will not speak much of who we are.. and make us even lesser.

What I do know and how I know I've been sustained is that I hold on to who God says I am. He says many things about me, many nice things especially.

Read Psalm 139 for example. It's crazy how much He thinks about me!

And Ephesians 2: 10! That He actually BELIEVES in me and in what I have within me. That's another crazy thought.

Does that insulate us from all the negative that people can show us? Nopes. It will still hurt. At times. But it helps more than ever to find our worth in our Creator's eyes.

Who has more right to tell you who you are/to make you feel how you feel? The people around you? Or the Person who Created you and put all those good things within you?

Choose who you want to listen to.

*hugs*

Hope you're feeling better..



_______________________________

thanks hadassah.

No comments: